Monday, June 4, 2012

Gastrointestinal acclimatization

I just got through the obligatory day of diarrhea that occurs when you stop being super uptight about eating only cooked things. Think it was a tomato that got me, washed, but washed with unboiled water. 

Spanish is easier than Ukrainian in terms of structure, but still requires that I memorize a large number of words. Definitely frustrating when I stumble upon an impasse created by my lack of vocabulary and hear at least 4 different ways of saying what I need to say in Ukrainian. Long ways to fluency.

Got a ticket into the Amazon basin for tomorrow. Let's hope that this mefloquine does what it's supposed to. Other than that, Bolivia is absolutely beautiful. Amazing mountains, altiplano and I'll let you know about the jungle.

Time to make some chicken soup!



No comments:

Post a Comment