Thursday, July 5, 2012

the best hospital food ever

literally
each morning I see the truck back in
piled high with farm products
carrots, potatoes, chickens
then about 7 hours later
when I go with the residents to eat lunch
amazing

baked chicken with carrot sauce and a side of polenta
roast beef with brocoli and a side of cheese ravioli
so many others but i´m getting hungry again just writing about it
obviously i´ve suspended my vegetarianism while eating as a guest

the food schedule has taken some adjustment
i have to eat breakfast before 0700 to catch my bus
lunch is at 1400 at the earliest
then dinner is not till 2200 or later
this means i´m not hungry for breakfast because i´m still digesting dinner
i feel full during my run in the evening
and then i´m nearly starving again by the time we finish making dinner after ten
all completely worth it though
this has got to be the best i´ve eaten since leaving Ukraine
I think i´ll quickly recover the weight that I lost during my week of diarrhea in Bolivia


No comments:

Post a Comment