Tuesday, May 1, 2012

Eat, Love, Pray by Elizabeth Gilbert

A bit of a lighter book. Very clear tone and well articulated. Got me to think a lot about the place of mindfulness in western culture. How much of life should be spend pursuing comfort and pleasure and how much needs to be focused on developing wisdom? I tend to agree that I learn most from situations in life that are often least comfortable. Also finished this book a few months ago, but just now getting to the blog post. 

Over the weekend, paced a friend to a PR in the Rochester City Half Marathon. Made me want to get in shape to actually race one. This morning I'm up early to study Spanish. Haven't managed to get through this introductory textbook yet, but I really want to keep chugging until the day I leave (27 days from now!).

No comments:

Post a Comment