Friday, October 11, 2013

Nephrology Elective

Again, a sample of some articles I read, and some commentary on some things I learned.

Venous and Arterial Thrombosis in Dialysis Patients by Ocak et all, 2011
Dialysis patients have clearly elevated risks of venous thrombosis AND arterial thrombosis.

Prevalence of thrombophilic mutations in patients with unprovoked thrmboembolic disease. A comparative analysis regarding arterial and venous disease by Mandal E et all, Hippokratia 2012, 16, 3: 250-255.
Concluded that primary thrombophilic states (mutations) lead to not only venous thrombotic events but also arterial thrombotic events.

Then two great articles on preeclampsia of all things. I did a presentation on this during my first week and actually found it to be quite interesting. 

I've decided to keep the articles that I read for professional learning in refworks folders, and use this blog just to keep track of the books that I read. Refworks is a bit more searchable and links directly to my university library that subscribes to the medical journals so that I can get PDF texts when I need them. 

Next up, basic science, then I start medicine at Highland.

No comments:

Post a Comment